Friday 16 October 2015

What Should You Do If Your Son Had a Gay Wedding?

Boycott it.

Boycott gay weddings, even family, says Baptist leader
By Andrew Wolfson ; The Louisville Courier-Journal October 15, 2015
http://www.cruxnow.com/life/2015/10/15/boycott-gay-weddings-even-family-says-southern-baptist-leader-al-mohler/


Tolkien thought that Joy Davidman was legitimately the wife of William Gresham. Hence, he boycotted his friend's, C. S. Lewis', wedding to her after she had divorced.

However, if you want to give an encouraging word - encouraging to the person, not to the deed - you can also say: "come back when it's a gal you marry."

If I were a priest, which I am not, and two homo couples, a gay and a lesbian couple, came and asked for getting married (which they wouldn't, since it is known Catholic Church considers unions contrary to nature as totally the opposite of marriage), I'd tell them: "if you switch partners, you can come back then."

But I'd recommend one of the such formed couples to move away geographically from their same sex exes.

Someone might tell me I am totally clueless about homosexuality, but is that really a fault?

Hans Georg Lundahl
Nanterre UL
St Hedwig of Poland*
16-X-2015

* Sanctae Hedwigis Viduae, Polonorum Ducissae, quae pridie hujus diei obdormivit in Domino. Święta Jadwiga Śląska / Heilige Hedwig von Andechs.

PS : I did not quote the "boycott it" passage, I just noted my agreement with it. Here I will quote:

Even if scientists prove people are born gay, the “sinfulness of homosexuality” would not be eliminated because human sin taints the world, Mohler said in addressing other topics of sexual identity.


One can certainly prove people are born more or less sex-typical, more or less close to stereotypes which in culture or even nature belong to other sex. But this does NOT mean they are born either gay or transgender, that is only things that by sins may come out of being born androgynous. Also, for homosexual androgynity is not even a requirement. Excessive typicality of own sex can lead to incomprehension of other sex, in some cases even to estrangement from it./HGL

2 comments:

  1. Good thoughts Hans. It would be a difficult situation to be in. May I never be faced with such a scenario.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so too, but the blog is for many readers. I am glad you liked the thoughts.

    ReplyDelete