Tuesday 6 June 2017

What Religions are Historically Reliable?


Q
Why does reading the Quran actually help me in my deconversion from Christianity and religion in general?
https://www.quora.com/Why-does-reading-the-Quran-actually-help-me-in-my-deconversion-from-Christianity-and-religion-in-general/answer/Hans-Georg-Lundahl


C on Q
I’ve been struggling for years to fully free myself from Christianity. Instead of reading the bible to get over the bible, I read some of the Quran today and noticed my religious indoctrination start to fade.

*I’m not shifting toward Islam…at all.

Hans-Georg Lundahl
Studied religions as curious parallels and contrasts to Xtian faith since 9, 10?
Answered just now
I have no idea why you would be reading the Quran as an example of religious texts.

Like Book of Mormon, Bhagavadgita, Hesiod’s Theogony and Numa Pompilius’ revelations from Egeria about how to do diverse types of superstition, it is purporting to be received from one spiritual entity by one man (Joseph Smith, Arjuna, Hesiod and Numa Pompilius).

Unlike most of Bible, Iliad and Odyssey, and Mahabharata and Ramayana it is not even pruporting to be a series of events observed by people concerned in a community being able to check and double check at least the external events.

I think Iliad and Odyssey, in somewhat less degree Mahabharata and Ramayana can stand as histories of what really happened, even from a Christian view.

And if you approach Gospels and Exodus and Genesis with this in view, I think you will find something which is very reliable and can help to boost your Christianity - unless you are totally decided to ditch it whatever the arguments could be!

No comments:

Post a Comment