Tuesday 23 January 2018

Re-Reading "Is John Todd discredited by Jack Chick?"


Here is the link:

deretour : Is John Todd discredited by Jack Chick?
[Tuesday] 28 juin 2011 (juin=June, obviously)
http://hglundahlsblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/is-john-todd-discredited-by-jack-chick.html


Curiously, the day I put this on the Spammers' Choice post, I also get to see a video (can't recall if recommended to me or not, could have been a search I made after putting that spammed - though not visibly so, it won't involve readers in spam! - article onto the list) which debunks Chick Tracts.

I will paraphrase what I said then.

Chick Tracts is not my cup of tea. I do not like Chick Tracts. I do not think they are likely to get you to Heaven, and they are likely to put some readers up to some mischief while on earth. I just saw that Chick Tracts has promoted Charles Chiniquy, a Catholic priest who became Presbyterian.

After leaving the Catholic Church, Chiniquy dedicated his life to trying to win his fellow French Canadians, as well as others, from Catholicism to the Protestant faith. He wrote a number of books and tracts pointing out his views on the alleged errors in the faith and practises of the Roman Catholic Church. His two most influential works are Fifty Years in The Church of Rome[3] and The Priest, The Woman and The Confessional.[4] These books raised concerns in the United States about the Catholic Church. According to one Canadian biographer, Chiniquy is Canada’s best-selling author of all time.[5] He joined the Orange Order and said of it "I always found them staunch and true. I consider it a great honour to be an Orangeman. Every time I go on my knees I pray that God may bless them and make them as numerous and bright as the stars of the heaven above."[6]


Reference 6 is Beyond the Banners: The Story of the ORange Order, pg. 93.

In other words, Charles Chiniquy has at least been claimed as a member of a very anti-Catholic lodge or para-Masonic type (not even sure about "para-") by themselves, if reference is correct. Thank you, wikipedians!

I already knew they promoted Alberto Rivera, whom I already considered as if no fraud at least very naive to a fraud.

Brian Onken may have made it meanwhile ten thousand times more probable that Alberto Rivera was a fraud than a dupe. As no fan of Vatican II either, I was willing to give Rivera the benefit of the doubt of being just a dupe. Cardinal Bea, theoretically, could have given him that secret briefing on Mohammed launched by "Vatican agent" Khadija. But if so, Rivera would have been a very naive person to have believed that story just because of a secret briefing. AND, even if Jack Chick had no particular reason to detect Rivera as a fraud, he would have been very willing to find faults with the Catholic Church in order to buy his story rather than say "you know, Bea could have played a joke on you".

So, no, I am NOT a fan of Jack Chick - but the point is and remains: this does not make everyone whom he publishes a fraud. It does not make Kent Hovind a fraud, it does not make the Duggars frauds and it does not by itself make even John Todd a fraud.

Now, I was looking at another post (also on Spammer's choice) (linklist) I had written about John Todd.

I was saying, even if John Todd was not a fraud, we have no reason to believe Tolkien or C. S. Lewis have Golden Dawn connections:

Can we Trust Wiki over John Todd?
Thursday, 27 April 2017
http://nov9blogg9.blogspot.com/2017/04/can-we-trust-wiki-over-john-todd.html


The point is not, John Todd was a fraud. The point is also not, John Todd was not a fraud. The point is, it would be very naive to trust John Todd on CSL and JRRT even if he was not a fraud, exactly as it would be very naive to trust Alberto Rivera and through him Bea, even if Alberto was not a fraud. Because if Alberto and Todd were not frauds, they were in a very good position to be dupes.

Some would resent my saying this, pretend I have to be a very brainwashed dupe of Catholicism to doubt Rivera on the subject of Khadija being Catholic and a very brainwashed and perhaps even altered and mindraped victim of J. R. R. Tolkien and C. S. Lewis to doubt Todd on their supposed Golden Dawnism.

Others would resent my even bothering a single moment with Todd or Rivera.

My life leads me to believe there are people like Illuminati - people intriguing that way. Hence, the gist of Todd's story is not beyond my belief - however much he may have been wrong or deliberately frauding about JRRT and CSL. As to Rivera, I had to deal with him without the benefit of Brian Onken's article. So, I would have to deal with the logical possibility, even if not highly likely, he was not a fraud.

I am however not withholding Brian Onken's work from you. It seems inaccessible on the Internet.

It is referenced by J. P. Holding, in two articles:

Alberto Rivera the Unreliable
http://tektonticker.blogspot.com/2016/06/alberto-rivera-unreliable.html


Note on Chick Tracts
http://tektonticker.blogspot.com/2016/08/note-on-chick-tracts.html


He does not link to an internet version of the article, nor did I find any on a google search. The article seems to be "paper only". I don't happen to have vol. 4, #2 of Forward magazine. [If that name seems unfamiliar, it’s because that was the title of the Christian Research Journal]. I don't know a library in Paris where I can get one to read it. I commented on one of above to ask JPH if he knows a way of getting Brian Onken online.

But here is the kind of people in my own life who would on my view qualify as real life Illuminati : team A, scared by Chick Tracts that my reading Tolkien and being Catholic is very dangerous for me, team B, horrified by the fact I have even taken anything from any Chick Tract author (including the fairly good Kent Hovind, on a lot of matters, as he is) seriously or even seriously enough to refute it. Both teams hiding behind a respectable façade of responsability and agreeing verbally on my being a very naive and gullible person (other teams coming verbally to same conclusion would have done so because I am Christian and Creationist). Three or more teams hide behind the professional façade of psychiatry.

When arranging things behind my back, all they do is protect a gullible and immature person from getting into trouble. If you take their version as Gospel truth, that is. And, yes, there is a team J and a team M as in Jew and Muslim involved behind such teams. Jews preferring me to "convert" to Judaism, Muslims thinking I did so preferring me to "convert" to Islam. Willing to stamp me as Nazi or sick Islamophobe as long as I stay Catholic. At least, I find it very likely this exists. It would explain a lot of things in my life, and that is why I can't totally dismiss John Todd.

Hans Georg Lundahl
Nanterre UL
St. Emerentiana
23.I.2018

No comments:

Post a Comment